In this section
Overview of inspection results
Inspection reports 2009
The Senior, Junior and Pre-Prep Schools, the Nursery and Junior and Senior boarding were inspected by Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) and by Ofsted in November 2009.
“We are extremely proud of these reports. They paint a picture of a fine school, which is providing an excellent educational experience for our pupils in an outstanding pastoral context. St Edmund's is a wonderful place in which to learn and I am supported in the task of educating our pupils by a dedicated and talented team of teachers, whose professionalism has been justifiably acknowledged in this superb report." Head, Louise Moelwyn-Hughes
How the inspection reports reflect different parts of the School
- The Senior School report is for ages 13-18 years.
- The Junior School report is for ages 3 to 13 years.
- The Pre-Prep School report for Years 1 and 2 is incorporated into the Junior School report.
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) report for Nursery and Reception may be found at the end of the Junior School Report as a separate section. (Section 7, page 19)
- Boarding Report is for both Junior and Senior School boarding.
The Inspection reports by ISI and Ofsted are available as follows:
- Senior School Inspection report - ISI (PDF)
- Junior School Inspection report - ISI (PDF)
- Report on Boarding - Ofsted (PDF)
Prospective parents are weclome to visit the school by appointment.
Please telephone +44(0)1227 475600 or email:
The Independent School Inspectorate pronounces no overall judgment given. Nine areas receive a formal judgment based on a four-point scale: outstanding, good, satisfactory and unsatisfactory. All, except unsatisfactory, are positive grades.
Reports on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) uses four headings (overall effectiveness, leadership and management, development planning and assessment).