Excellent exam results for 2018
Our pupils celebrated a record-breaking set of GCSE results. Almost all subjects now follow the more challenging new GCSE specifications, and our pupils have earned some outstanding outcomes:
- 44% of entries achieved Grades 9-7 (the equivalent of A*-A)
- 23 pupils achieved at least one Grade 9
- 10 pupils achieved 4 or more Grade 9s
- 10 pupils achieved an average of Grade 8 or better
- In Drama, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Music, Latin and French over 2/3 of entries achieved Grade 7 or better
- The overall pass rate (Grades 9-4) was 90%
Three pupils who were identified as part of our Gifted and Talented Programme as writers of great potential also achieved excellent grades in AS Level English Language which they took this year alongside their GCSEs.
At A-Level the students also celebrated some outstanding exam performances.
Despite the challenges posed by the reformed linear A-Level qualifications, the school’s overall pass rate was 97% with the number of A* and A grades increasing by 2% from last year. There were a large number of notable individual achievements throughout the year group, with most students achieving or outperforming their predicted grades. Students have won places at elite universities and medical schools including Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Bath, Exeter and Warwick. 15% of the year group achieved the equivalent of straight A’s or better at A-Level with many attaining the coveted A* grade across a range of subjects.
There was also tremendous success with the Extended Project Qualification (an assessed research project with AS Level status). 73% of entries achieved A*-A grades and three projects were described as “exceptional” by the exam board.