- Highest percentage of A* – C since 2009 (90%)
- 25% of the year group gaining an overall average of A grade or better
- Seven academic departments boasting a 50% or more A*/A pass rate (Biology achieving 93%)
- Percentage of A*/A grades up by 3%
- 95% of pupils gained at least 5 A* – C grades including Maths and English
|Grammar Equivalent Sets||A*- A||A*- B||A*- C|
|Average (top sets)||69%|
LEAGUE TABLES – The government GCSE league tables, unfortunately, present a distorted view of our academic performance. The figures for St Edmund’s do not include our excellent iGCSE Mathematics results. The iGCSE offers our most able pupils a more rigorous examination than the GCSE and, although it is recognised by all universities and employers as a GCSE equivalent, the qualification is excluded from the UK government’s league tables of school performance. This has depressed the ranking of many independent schools which offer iGCSE.
2014 GCSE results by department available to download here
- Overall pass rate of 96%
- 67% A* – B grades
- Excellent grades have enabled pupils to accept offers at some of the top universities in the country.
- 25% of the year group achieve between 360-500 UCAS points (the equivalent of 3A to over 3A* grades per student).
- St Edmund’s is adding significant ‘value added’ with 50% of candidates exceeding their nationally recognised ALIS predictions.
2014 A level results by department available to download here