In the Sixth Form, we encourage students to develop intellectual autonomy and creativity through discussion and problem solving, without ever losing our focus on examination success.
During 2019-20, 45% of A-levels taken at the school were passed at grades A – A*. 76% of grades were A*-B.
We offer a wide choice of A-level subjects, with each pupil designing their own timetable and so flourishing in their own way – curious; independent; and ready for university, drama school, conservatoire, or for the world of work.
Our pupils also perform strongly in external competitions and awards. In recent years, St Edmund’s Sixth Formers have either won, received medals or been highly commended in the following:
- PC Vellacott Historical Essay Prize Peterhouse, Cambridge
- Biology and Maths Olympiads
- Royal Society of Biology Challenge
- National Association of Teachers of Religious Education Award
- SAA Artist of the Year Competition
- Worcester College, Oxford Carol Competition 2020
- Euclid Award for Mathematics
- Ogden Trust School Physicist of the Year Award
- Young Walter Scott Prize for Creative Writing