St Edmund’s Festival 2017
ANNOUNCEMENT… FESTIVAL 2018… 27 JUNE TO 3 JULY
The inaugural St Edmund’s Festival is now over after a fantastic week long celebration of the arts with concerts, drama productions, exhibitions and workshops featuring St Edmund’s pupils and some of Europe’s leading musicians.
- The opening concert by internationally renowned pianist, Freddy Kempf
- A celebration of Sinatra and the Hollywood String Quartet on the Sunday afternoon with Matt Ford, the Tippett Quartet and the Close to You Ensemble.
- Jazz on a Summer’s Evening with the Derek Nash Quartet featuring vocalist Louise Marshall and the St Edmund’s Big Band
- Tippett’s Tuneful Tales – a music workshop for ages 3 – 7 with the Tippett Quartet
- The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party – an afternoon of fun and games for ages 4+
- Poet, Dan Simpson, hosts E/Motion poetry evening
- The Festival Marquee set in the grounds of St Edmund’s School and overlooking the city of Canterbury will be the venue for pre-concert drinks, performances and much more.