St Edmund’s Festival 2017
St Edmund’s School Canterbury has announced the line-up for the inaugural St Edmund’s Festival this summer. This celebration of the arts with concerts, drama productions and workshops will feature St Edmund’s pupils and some of Europe’s leading musicians.
John Harle, Ivor Novello award-winning composer and eminent saxophonist, is the Festival Patron and with a diverse range of events, the Festival will attract guests of all ages from Canterbury and the local area as well as our valued school community.
- The opening concert by internationally renowned pianist, Freddy Kempf
- A celebration of Sinatra and the Hollywood String Quartet on the Sunday afternoon with Matt Ford, the Tippett Quartet and the Close to You Ensemble.
- Jazz on a Summer’s Evening with the Derek Nash Quartet featuring vocalist Louise Marshall and the St Edmund’s Big Band
- Tippett’s Tuneful Tales – a music workshop for ages 4 – 7 with the Tippett Quartet
- The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party – an afternoon of fun and games for ages 4+
- The Festival Marquee set in the grounds of St Edmund’s School and overlooking the city of Canterbury will be the venue for pre-concert drinks, performances and much more.
BOX OFFICE OPENS 10 APRIL 2017
T: 01227 475601 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open for Priority Booking 27 March – 9 April