Despite the lockdown, the 2021 UCAS round continues.
Our UCAS team, led by Charlie Mount (Head of Sixth Form) and Johnny Symaka (Head of Progression), continue to provide close support for our Upper Sixth applicants. Even though we are only in January, our pupils have achieved some great outcomes. This is excellent news at this early stage in the application process.
Four unconditional offers have been received so far (Product Design, Marketing with Advertising & Digital Communications, Graphic Design, Modern Languages and Linguistics).
Seven students have already received a “clean sweep” of offers to all five of their chosen universities.
We have also achieved some great successes at the elite Russell Group Universities (and the list is growing daily):
- University of Birmingham (International Relations with French)
- University of Bristol (Theatre and English)
- University of Cambridge (Law)
- Cardiff University (Media, Journalism and Culture)
- Durham University (Business & Management)
- University of Exeter (Business & Management, English & Drama, International Relations and Modern Languages, Law with Business, Natural Sciences, Psychology)
- University of Leeds (Modern Languages and Business)
- University of Liverpool (Accounting and Finance, Medicinal Chemistry)
- Newcastle University (Sociology)
- University of Nottingham (Law)
- University of Oxford (Italian and Linguistics)
- University of Sheffield (Law, Physics with Philosophy)
- University of Southampton (Biomedical Sciences, International Relations, Marine Biology, Modern History & Politics)
- University of Warwick (Mathematics)
- University of York (Molecular Cell Biology)
Huge congratulations to our Captain of School, Isobel. Isobel has been offered a place to read Italian and Linguistics at Balliol College, Oxford University. This is a wonderful achievement by one of the most academically gifted students to study at St Edmund’s in recent years.
We are also delighted that Frankie, one of our Vice Captains of school has been offered a place to read Law at St Catherine’s College, Cambridge. This is a fiercely competitive course and winning a place is a truly noteworthy achievement.